Characteristics of the perfect smile
Everyone wants the perfect smile. Dentists and researchers have come up with the formula for the perfect smile, from the size and width of each tooth to the curve, colour and shape of the teeth, and the overall width of the smile.
- Horizontal alignment: The smile should be aligned to the horizontal or the eye line.
- Symmetry: Ideally this should be across the facial mid line. That is, the tooth on side should be same as it is opposite number on the other side. This is of great importance in producing a pleasing smile.
- Smile Line: The top row of teeth should be dominant while very little should be seen of the bottom row. All teeth on display should be straight with no visible signs of restoration work.
- Gum Line: Gums are important, and to avoid a horsey smile, very little should be seen. Their colour is critical, and should be a healthy pale pink.
- Whiteness of teeth: Last but not least, white teeth are the key of a beautiful smile. The teeth should be the same colour as the whites of your eyes. If the teeth are too white, they become more dominant than the eyes.